Sure, he was the Avengers’ devoted butler in the comic books, but in the Iron Man films, JARVIS is the customized operating system that keeps Tony Stark on the bleeding edge of the competition. Starting this week, you can have similar benefits thanks to a new app.
On Sept. 10, Apple is expected to officially announce the so-called “iPhone 5S” and “iPhone 5C.” On the same day, Marvel is set to launch an iOS app that may very well set Siri’s heart aflutter.
The app in question is JARVIS, a voice-activated personal assistant app of sorts based on the A.I. of the same name from the “Iron Man” films. Indeed, JARVIS is a tie-in for the home media release of “Iron Man 3,” offering as it does a remote control function for the movie’s Blu-ray menus.
Check out the list below for the key features of JARVIS, as outlined by Marvel:
- Like Tony Stark, users can engage JARVIS through voice-activated commands
- Receive messages from JARVIS, download ringtones, post to Facebook and more
- Check time, local weather as well as set alarms through the integrated Clock mode
- Initiate media delivered in messages, including video, audio, image, ringtone or website
- Install unique ringtones
- Unlock 42 unique Iron Man suits (plus additional “Ghost” file)
- When connected to the same network as the Blu-ray player, JARVIS will function as the Blu-ray remote control, or the user can simply “say what you see” and the app will do the rest.