(Guest columnist- Batman)
Hi there. You may have heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and paradoxically no one eats it. As a fellow bachelor, I totally understand. There’s just no time! But I have recently (with the help of my butler) found a quick and easy solution that I’d like to pass on to you. Now, this does involve some food shopping, but once you’ve got all these things in your cupboard, you’ll find that you have the key ingredients to a super breakfast smoothie that will last all week long.
Note- this is a slightly altered version of a recipe found in the Abs Diet book that belongs on every single crime fighter’s bookshelf.
Flax seed (if you live near a Whole Foods, it’s in the bulk aisle)
Large tub of Plain yogurt (mine is imported from France but the store brand is fine)
Whey powder- vanilla flavored (you can get this at GNC or Star Labs)
(possibly include: Whole raw almonds, peanut butter)
1. Take a couple of handfuls of flax seed, three-four ice cubes I (and almonds if you like) and throw them into the blender for a few minutes of crush setting (if pulverize is not available)
2. Throw in a banana (skinned), two tablespoons of yogurt and two heaping tablespoons of whey powder, a handful of frozen strawberries (and two tablespoons of peanut butter if you want).
3. Pour a full cup of milk over this and a ‘splash’ of OJ
4. Blend the whole thing for a few minutes
5. Pour into large pint glass, keep the remainder in a thermos and keep in clipped to your utility belt for a quick energy boost later on.
The ingredients are key here. The bananas have potassium and can give you lots of energy. The whey powder is very nutritious and fills you up. The blueberries are a good cancer-fighter and the milk and OJ contain just the right nutrients to keep you in full fighting form.
I have found that this concoction helps me in my war on crime while also holding at bay the horrific images of the death of my parents… whom I must avenge.
Anyhoo, it’s easy and nutritious way to keep the most important meal of the day in your radar without taking up too much time.
Next time, how to defeat Mr. Freeze.